Uzès and its surrounding region offer several markets where you can explore and discover local produce, crafts, and products. Here are some markets to visit around Uzès:
- Uzès Market: The Uzès Market takes place every Wednesday and Saturday morning in the historic center of Uzès. It is one of the most popular markets in the region, offering a wide variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, cheese, meats, bread, pastries, flowers, and more.
- Saint-Quentin-la-Poterie Market: Located just outside Uzès, the Saint-Quentin-la-Poterie Market takes place on Friday mornings. This market features local and organic products, including fruits, vegetables, honey, olives, and handmade pottery.
- Saint-André-de-Valborgne Market: Situated in the Cévennes Mountains, the Saint-André-de-Valborgne Market is held on Thursday mornings. It offers a range of local produce, cheeses, sausages, crafts, and clothing.
- Saint-Jean-du-Gard Market: The Saint-Jean-du-Gard Market takes place on Tuesday and Friday mornings. It offers a variety of products, including fresh fruits and vegetables, local specialties, clothing, and household items.
- Vézénobres Market: Vézénobres, a charming medieval village near Uzès, hosts a market on Tuesday mornings. Here, you can find local products, crafts, and souvenirs.
These are just a few examples of the markets around Uzès. It’s worth noting that market days and times may be subject to change, so it’s a good idea to double-check the schedule before visiting.