The Lambretta 125 is a classic scooter that was manufactured by Lambretta, an Italian brand known for producing iconic scooters. The Lambretta 125 refers to the engine displacement, indicating that it has a 125cc engine.
Here are some key details about the Lambretta 125:
1. Design: The Lambretta 125 features a sleek and timeless design that is characteristic of Lambretta scooters. It typically has a monocoque steel frame, a single-piece front fender, and a streamlined bodywork that gives it a distinct appearance.
2. Engine: The Lambretta 125 is powered by a 125cc, single-cylinder, two-stroke engine. Two-stroke engines are known for their simplicity and lightweight construction. The engine produces a moderate amount of power suitable for urban commuting.
3. Performance: The performance of the Lambretta 125 can vary depending on the specific model and the tuning of the engine. Generally, it offers decent acceleration and a top speed of around 55-60 mph (88-96 km/h). The scooter’s lightweight construction and small engine size make it nimble and easy to maneuver in congested city streets.
4. Features: Lambretta scooters are known for their simplicity and functional design. The 125 models typically come with features such as a single-speed or four-speed manual transmission, a kick-start mechanism, a drum braking system, and basic instrument gauges like speedometer and fuel gauge.
5. Legacy: The Lambretta brand has a rich history dating back to the late 1940s. Lambretta scooters became popular worldwide and were particularly favored in the 1950s and 1960s as a stylish and affordable mode of transportation. They were commonly associated with the Mod subculture in the UK and were frequently depicted in films and other media.
It’s important to note that while Lambretta scooters were highly regarded in their prime, the original Lambretta company faced financial difficulties and ceased production in the late 1970s. However, the brand was revived in the 1990s, and various companies have since produced Lambretta scooters, including models with a 125cc engine.
Please keep in mind that specific details about individual Lambretta 125 models, such as exact specifications and features, may vary depending on the year of production and any modifications made by owners or subsequent manufacturers.